The DIRECTV Magical Day in California Sweepstakes
SPONSORED BY DIRECTV LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. Entry Period: The DIRECTV Magical Day in California Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 14, 2022 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on February 4, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. ET on February 4, 2022. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes you must, as of January 12, 2022 be: (i) an existing DIRECTV or DIRECTV STREAM customer (excludes U-verse TV customers) with an account in "good-standing" as determined by DIRECTV in its sole discretion; and (ii) a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien who is physically located in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and who is at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees, agents, directors of DIRECTV LLC (“DIRECTV” or “Sponsor”), The Story House (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per DIRECTV service household. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the phone number used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned a phone number by a phone service provider, wireless service carrier or other organization that is responsible for assigning phone numbers. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing if the entrant changes his or her phone number during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection: On or around February 7, 2022, one (1) Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. .
5. Prize: Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize winner” or “winner”) will receive a vacation for winner and up to three (3) guests (each a “Guest”), to a theme park in Anaheim, California (“Destination”). The prize includes: (i) round trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and up to (3) guests which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near winner’s primary residence in the US to Destination; (ii) three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations in Destination which will be one (1) standard room based on quad occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included) hotel location subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iii) roundtrip ground transportation for the winner and up to (3) guests, to be taken together, between airport and hotel in Destination; (iv) four (4) 2-day theme park tickets; (v) VIP Tour of the theme park on one (1) day for winner and up to three (3) guests; (vi) one (1) $1000 bank gift card (gift card to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor; winner is subject to the terms and the conditions of the bank gift card); (vii) $3,360 issued in the form of a check in the Grand Prize winner’s name which may be used by the Grand Prize winner to offset his or her income taxes (or a portion of his or her income taxes) incurred when accepting the Grand Prize (referred to as the “Grand Prize, the “Prize”, or “Prizes”.) Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for the difference between $3,360 and actual income taxes incurred.The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $13,539.40.
The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV of the Prize or any part thereof and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
Winner must contact Administrator thirty (30) days prior to winner’s desired dates of travel. The winner must plan and finalize trip with Administrator and travel must be completed before May 31, 2022, or the winner shall forfeit the prize in its entirety and an alternate winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received, if time permits. Prize dates are subject to availablity in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No part of the trip may occur from April 15-18. Guests must be 18 or older unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the Guest. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Grand Prize winner resides within 100 miles of Destination and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. The Grand Prize winner and Guests must travel on the same itinerary. Choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and Guests are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (e.g., passports, etc.). All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are ineligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. No change or extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted. All airline tickets are non-endorsable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash. All meals, gratuities, phone calls, and any and all other travel and incidental expenses not specifically mentioned above as being included within the Grand Prize are excluded from the Grand Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guests. The Grand Prize winner additionally will be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes relating to the receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize and any component(s) thereof. If the winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, winner privileges will be terminated, and an alternate winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received, if time permits.
6. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, the winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes winner list or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or around February 9, 2022 via the telephone number provided at time of entry. The potential Grand Prize winner will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time of phone notification to respond and confirm their shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and e-mail address or the Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
8. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared a Grand Prize winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within five (5) calendar days of issuance of the Documents. Documents will, among other things: (a) release Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grant Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such release. If a potential winner does not sign this release and return it within the time frame specified, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such documentation is properly executed and providing potential winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, potential winner will be determined to be a Sweepstakes winner.
Winner may also be required to complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Guests (or a Guest’s legal guardian) will also be required to complete all legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified. If the potential winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential winner. Prize or Documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified.
By participating in Sweepstakes, the winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that winners will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes that winners deem appropriate.
Winner’s guests: The potential Winner must designate up to three (3) Guests within five (5) calendar days of issuance of the Documents. The Guests must be 18 years of age or older, or the child, legal ward or spouse of the Winner, and a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia. In addition, at the same time as the Winner completes his/her Documents, the guests must sign and return a publicity release (where permitted by law) and a mutually acceptable liability release. If the potential Winner designates a Guest that is a minor in his/her state of residence, the person awarded the Grand Prize must execute a publicity release (where permitted by law) and a mutually agreeable liability release for both him/herself and on his/her child’s/legal ward’s/spouse’s behalf and accompany his/her child/legal ward/spouse on the trip. Failure for a Guest (or parent/legal guardian of a Guest, if the Guest is a minor) to complete and return the documents in time specified by the Sponsor may result in that Guest’s disqualification and forfeiture of the Guest’s portion of the prize.
9. Prize Terms: The dates for fulfillment of the Prize will be chosen by winner before May 31, 2022, but subject to availability and subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to the winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation, any activation or service fees and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prizes, are solely winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
10. Taxes: The winner must supply Sponsor/Administrator with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize, if the value of the prize is $600 or greater. The value of Prize is taxable to winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility.
11. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, actual or threatened public health crises (including without limitation an epidemic or pandemic), strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on https://www.directv.com/magicalday if time permits and the Prizes will be awarded to a winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted, applicable eligible entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the winners, in the announcement of the Prizes and winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY -- WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION -- BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Request for Names of Winners: All requests for the names (first name and state) of any major prize winners (prizes valued $25 or greater) must be made by April 4, 2022. For the names of any major prize winners send a self- addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List – “The DIRECTV Magical Day in California Sweepstakes” P.O. Box 511340, New Berlin, WI 53151.
13. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by DIRECTV LLC, 2260 E. Imperial HWY, El Segundo, CA 90245.
14. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Story House, 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd., 2nd Floor, Building C, Playa Vista, California 90066.