Get Out & Stay Connected: AT&T & Honda Sweepstakes
SPONSORED BY AT&T MOBILITY LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII, OUTSIDE OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLOMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
1. Entry Period: The Get Out & Stay Connected: AT&T & Honda Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 12, 2022 and ends at 11:59 P.M. ET on November 30, 2022 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s time clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. ET on November 30, 2022. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes you must, as of September 12, 2022, be a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien who is physically located in one of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia and who is at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Void in Alaska and Hawaii and where prohibited. Employees, agents, directors of AT&T Mobility LLC (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), The Story House (“Administrator”), and American Honda Motor Company, Inc. and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) represent and warrant that he or she meets all the eligibility criteria set forth in these Official Rules; (d) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (e) agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, damages and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss or any other harm, suffered directly or indirectly from entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes or the receipt or acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prizes (hereinafter defined) (including any travel or activity related thereto), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related or other cause of action.
3. To Enter:
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant and they must comply with these rules. The “authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Administrator in writing to email@example.com if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be requested by Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection: On or around December 1, 2022, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected from among all eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. Grand Prize: The winner will receive: (i) One (1) 2023 Honda Passport Elite. Color, package, factory options, and other prize specifics to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price: $47,225; (ii) Three (3) years of In-Vehicle AT&T Wi-Fi services:(Wi-Fi service will expire at the end of the three (3) year period. Terms and conditions will apply. If Winner wants to continue Wi-Fi service, winner will need to create an AT&T account at www.att.com/plans/in-car-wifi/ and pay the subscription fee at the then-current rate to continue Wi-Fi service after the three (3) year period. Compatible cellular device and wireless plan are not included as part of the Prize.): $720; (iii) $23,612.50 issued in the form of a check in the Grand Prize winner’s name which may be used by the Grand Prize winner to offset his or her income taxes (or a portion of his or her income taxes) incurred when accepting the Grand Prize (Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for the difference between $23,612.50 and actual income taxes incurred), and (iv) one (1) of the following Get Out & Stay Connected prize packages selected by the winner at the time of entry:
a.) The Camping Trip includes (i) round trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and (1) guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near winner’s primary residence in the US to the camping experience location (camping experience location and all details to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); (ii) two (2) nights’ accommodation in designated location (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included.) Lodging location subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iii) roundtrip ground transportation for the winner and (1) guest, to be taken together, between airport and hotel in designated location; (iv) one (1) National Park Annual Pass; (v) one (1) cooler with wheels; (vi) one (1) Bluetooth speaker; (vii) one (1) hammock; (viii) two (2) foldable chairs; (ix) one (1) vehicle cross bars and roof box set; (x) one (1) camping tent; and (xi) one (1) vehicle All Season Pro Pac. Manufacturer warranties apply. The Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Camping Trip prize package is $5,000.
b.) The Sports Tailgate Trip includes (i) round trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and (1) guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near winner’s primary residence in the US to the tailgate experience location (tailgate experience location and all details to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); (ii) two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations in designated location which will be one (1) standard room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included.) Hotel location subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iii) roundtrip ground transportation for the winner and (1) guest, to be taken together, between airport and hotel in designated location; (iv) one (1) cornhole board; (v) one (1) cooler with wheels; (vi) one (1) Bluetooth speaker; (vii) one (1) all weather stretch jacket; (viii) one (1) tailgating tent; and (ix) one (1) vehicle All Season Pro Pac. Manufacturer warranties apply. The ARV of the Sports Tailgate Trip prize package is $5,000.
c.) The Winter Road Trip includes (i) round trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and (1) guest which shall originate from an airport of Sponsor’s choice near winner’s primary residence in the US to the winter experience location (winter experience location and all details to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor); (ii) one (1) night hotel accommodations in designated location which will be one (1) standard room based on double occupancy (meals, telephone calls, tips, gratuities, and other incidentals and costs are not included.) Hotel location subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion; (iii) roundtrip ground transportation for the winner and (1) guest, to be taken together, between airport and hotel in designated location; (iv) one (1) insulated tumbler; (v) one (1) snowboard; (vi) one (1) Bluetooth speaker; (vii) one (1) insulated puffer jacket; (viii) one (1) vehicle cross bars and ski/ snowboard attachment set; and (ix) one (1) vehicle All Season Pro Pac. Manufacturer warranties apply. The ARV of the Winter Road Trip prize package is $5,000.
The total ARV of the Grand Prize: $76,557.50.
PRIZE CONDITIONS: Winner must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery of vehicle. Winner is responsible for title, license, registration, dealer preparation costs, auto insurance and other fees associated with prize, including, but not limited to: all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use, including but not limited to, all local, state, federal, and income taxes. Winner must take delivery of prize from the automobile dealership designated by Administrator. Sponsor will not provide any additional verbal or written warranties other than the standard written warranty statement provided with the vehicle.
One (1) Grand Prize will hereinafter collectively be referred to as the (“Prize”). The Grand Prize winner is subject to all Honda terms and conditions. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute ground transportation in lieu of air transportation if the Grand Prize winner resides within 100 miles of applicable destination and no compensation or substitution will be provided for the difference in Prize value. The Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winners and guests are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (e.g., valid IDs, passports, etc.). All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Prize are ineligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used. No change or extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted. All airline tickets are non-endorsable, non-refundable and not exchangeable for cash. All meals, gratuities, phone calls, and any and all other travel and incidental expenses not specifically mentioned above as being included within the Prize are excluded from the Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest. The Grand Prize winner additionally will be responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes relating to the receipt and/or use of the Grand Prize and any component(s) thereof. Prize dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the Grand Prize winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, Grand Prize winner privileges will be terminated, and an alternate winner may be selected from among the remaining Eligible Entries received, if time permits. Unless child of Grand Prize winner, guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Guest must execute liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. Grand Prize winner and guest fully understands that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines (collectively, the “Protocols”), can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
The Grand Prize winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that the winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prize that the Grand Prize winner deems appropriate.
All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, the Grand Prize winner grants to Sponsor, and its representatives, affiliates, licensees and assigns, the right and permission to record, film, videotape and photograph the Grand Prize winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes winner list or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
7. Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or around December 2, 2022 via the telephone number provided at time of entry. The potential Grand Prize winner will have forty-eight (48) hours from the time of phone notification to respond and confirm their shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and/or e-mail address or the Grand Prize winner will automatically forfeit the Prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
8. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Grand Prize winner and to receive a Prize, the potential Grand Prize winner must complete, sign, and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, and publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) within five (5) calendar days of issuance of the Documents that, among other things: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, grants the rights set forth in Section 6 above. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Documents. If the potential Grand Prize winner does not sign the Documents and return same within the time frame specified, the potential Grand Prize winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When such Documents are properly executed and providing the potential Grand Prize winner is otherwise in compliance with the Official Rules, the potential Grand Prize winner will be determined the official Grand Prize winner.
The potential Grand Prize winner may also be required to complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor or prize supplier with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or potential Grand Prize winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If the potential Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Sponsor will have no further obligation to the potential Grand Prize winner. Prize or Documents returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of Prize. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Grand Prize winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Grand Prize winner in the event that any potential Grand Prize winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute the documentation within the time frame specified. Only three (3) alternate Grand Prize winners will be accepted after which the Grand Prize shall remain unawarded.
9. Prize Terms: The Prize will be fulfilled within approximately twelve (12) weeks following winner confirmation. Winner will be notified to schedule pick up of the vehicle from a designated dealership near the winner’s address. If for any reason the Prize (or any portion thereof) is unavailable or any portion of Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Grand Prize winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to Grand Prize winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize, including, without limitation, any activation or service fees and any equipment to be used in connection with the Prize, are solely winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online, television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Administrator and/or Sponsor.
10. Taxes: The Grand Prize winner must supply Sponsor/Administrator with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. The value of Prize is taxable to Grand Prize winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of Grand Prize winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if the aggregate value of Prize awarded to and other compensation received by Grand Prize winner from Sponsor is $600 or greater for the calendar year. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility.
11. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on att.com/getoutandstayconnected if time permits and the Prize will be awarded to a winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted, applicable eligible entries received prior to any such event, or in any manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail, entries, emails or other communications of any kind or incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Grand Prize winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Grand Prize winner, and the delivery of the Prize (or any portion thereof), any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
IN THE EVENT ENTRANT ATTEMPTS TO BRING A CLAIM, ACTION OR PROCEEDING AGAINST SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES DESPITE AGREEING NOT TO DO SO IN SECTION 2 OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY AND ALL ISSUES AND THAT ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY -- WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION -- BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF GEORGIA.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Request for Names of Winners: All requests for the name (first name and state) of the Grand Prize winner must be received by January 30, 2023. For the name of the Prize winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Winners List “Get Out & Stay Connected: AT&T & Honda Sweepstakes” P.O. Box 511340, New Berlin, WI 53151.
13. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AT&T Mobility LLC, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
14. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by The Story House, 12777 W. Jefferson Blvd., 2nd Floor, Building C, Playa Vista, California 90066.